Kind of like the idiom “stop and smell the roses.” I’m one of those people who walk looking down. I know where I’m going, and I stare at the ground to make sure I avoid anything that might make me trip (which sometimes are my own naked feet), but sometimes I am so focused on getting to my destination that I totally miss that there even WERE roses to stop and smell.
Recently, I’ve realized that I’ve missed a lot of roses.
And it’s no one’s fault. Sometimes, you have to just go out and and live, rather than wait for life to happen to you.
So, I’m creating a bucket list of sorts… Not the huge life goals list with things like “Become a World Traveler” and “Scuba the Great Barrier Reef.” More along the lines of “Stuff A Lot of Other People Have Done.” Stuff I want to experience, even if I’ll hate it and never do again. Stuff I’d like to do before I’m a mom, so I’ll have plenty of fun stories to tell my kids.
And so, I present to you (in no particular order), my frivolous, random, weird, can’t-believe-you-haven’t-done-that-already list of things to do:
- Go to a roller derby event
- Learn how to line dance
- Sing karaoke
- Go to the state fair
- Sleep outside in a tent
- Go skiing
- Experience lake fun (water skiing, tubing, just being on a boat on a lake)
- See the grand canyon
- Hike through a state park
- Make an effort to become a morning person (this one WASN’T my idea…)
- Take a BYOB painting class
- Take a selfie at the top of a mountain (Hey, I’ve never been to Colorado!)
- Sky dive
- Visit another country
- Pull a big, funny prank (gotta surpass some of my mom’s college stories!
- Dye at least a portion of my hair an unnatural color
- Go on a road trip without my parents (not that they’re not oh-so-fun in the car… *cough*)
- Live outside my hometown for at least 3 consecutive months
- Adopt a pet
- Plant a literal seed and watch it grow
- [Edit] Go hunting, and eat my game!!!
Now, here’s the interesting part: I could technically complete most everything on the list by myself, but what fun would that be? Seriously.
If anything (and I mean anything) on the list caught your attention or interest, please let me know! If your family goes camping, I’d love to tag along. If you have friends across state lines you’ve wanted to see for a while, I’ll drive with you! If you want to watch me embarrass myself at karaoke, you are more than welcome to come sing along (as long as all electronic devices and cameras are turned off and stowed away).
Not joking. If you want to do something on the list too, let’s do it together. Let’s go hunt down some roses and sniff ’em up!
(Also, if you have a suggestion for my list, please please please leave me a comment!!!)